Thank you for your interest in Woodland Gardens II. Please review the Resident Selection Criteria to confirm eligibility prior to completing and submitting your application.
To submit your application via mail:
1. Click on the "Woodland Gardens II Application" link to the right to download and print the documents.
2. Send the completed Application along to:
Woodland Gardens II
c/o Humphrey Management
10220 Old Columbia Road, Suite M
Columbia, MD 21046
To submit your application via e-mail:
- Click on the "Woodland Gardens II Application" link to the right.
- Download the application to your computer.
- Complete & save the documents electronically.
- Email the completed Application to: WoodlandGardens@hrehllc.com
- Our team will confirm receipt.
Important Details & Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the age requirements?
A: To be eligible, at least 1 member of the household must be 62 at the time of application, and all members must be 18+.
Q: What are the rents & income requirements?
A: Woodland Gardens II features 75 1-bedroom apartment homes. Of the 75 homes, 35 are part of the LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) and 40 are part of the HUD 202 PRAC (Project Rental Assistance Contract) programs. Homes are available to households with incomes at or below 60% of the AMI (Area Median Income). The HUD 202 PRAC program does not have a minimum income requirement; the LIHTC program requires households to have a gross monthly minimum income of 2x the monthly rent. More information on rental rates can be found on the floorplans page.
Q: Will housing vouchers be accepted?
A: Yes! Housing vouchers are welcome.
Q: Do you conduct a credit and/or criminal background check?
A: Credit: Yes, third-party credit and rental history screening will be done for all adult household members. The screening includes, but is not limited to rental payment history, quantity and type of credit accounts, outstanding debt, collection records, public records (civil judgments, bankruptcies, evictions, etc.), and new credit inquiries within the last 2 years
- Medical collections are excluded and will not decrease your rental scoring
- Open collections to any landlord can result in automatic decline of the application
A: Criminal: Yes, third-party criminal background screening will be done for all adult household members. Certain convictions, like sex offenses and violent crimes are examples of convictions that can result in a decline.
What We Need to Process the Application:
- Photo ID for household members
- Social Security or ITIN numbers for all household members
- There will be no application fee due at the time of application; at the conclusion of the application process, during unit assignment, LIHTC residents will be asked to pay a $17.00 application fee.
- 8 current, consecutive paystubs
- Name, address, phone, & fax # of employer
- If self employed, last year's complete tax return
Other income Information:
- Current benefits letters - social security, public assistance, pension/annuity
- Checking accounts - 6 recent complete bank statements
- Savings accounts - most recent complete bank statement
- Other accounts (401K, mutual funds, etc.) - most recent statements
- Name, address, phone, & fax # of banking institution
- Internet based accounts (CashApp, Venmo, PayPal, etc.) - most recent complete statement
- 3 years of landlord history - name, address, phone number, email of landlord
*Our team may need to verify additional documents as we work to process the applications and we will communicate any missing information or documents needed to process the application.